Five Cents Ten Cents

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

I signed up for PayPerPost!

Now what is PayPerPost? It is a place where you can write posts on your blogs and earn some cash doing what you love best, blogging! Their website describes their value proposition as follows:

"Get paid for blogging. Write about web sites, products, services, and companies and earn cash for providing your opinion and valuable feedback to advertisers. Disclosure required."

What is payperpost?
What payperpost does is that that match up advertisers with bloggers to generate interest about the advertisers' products or services using the viral marketing element that blogs and bloggers provide. It is a form of ads on blogs. You can see it as word-of-mouth type of advertising except that the mouth is more the blogger, the computer and the blog site that allows you to monetise your favourite activity: BLOGGING! :-)

I have signed up with PPP since June 2007 so I have been with the program for about one month. Initially, I was a little bit sceptical on when I would see my first paid post as while there were a number of paid blogging opportunities on payperpost, a number of them had pre-requisites which as a newbie postie, I didn't qualify. However, there were also a number of paid post opportunities that were open to newbies as well. I tried one of them and guess what? I snagged my first USD 7.50 for that post. It was not all smooth sailing, one of my other posts got rejected as I didn't use the requisite key words and appropriate labels as requested by the advertiser.

Due to personal commitments, I didn't check out payperpost opportunities for about 2 weeks and then one day I received an email saying that there was a PPP direct opportunity. That meant an advertiser wanted me to blog about something and would pay me USD 5.00 for doing it! I managed to login and wrote a post reviewing the website www.debthelp.com. That took me the whole of about 30 minutes. After the post was done, I was surprised to find that after a couple of days, payperpost credited my paypal account with USD 5.00! That was very quick and efficient on their part!

What I love about PayPerPost
What I love best about PayPerPost is that they pay relatively fast once the post has been approved. The approval part for my initial posts were a bit longer but for my recent post it took about 3 days. In my 1 month plus experience with PayPerPost, I have made USD 5.00 + USD 7.50 (with USD 5.00 already paid into my paypal today!).

I will use this money to buy myself a nice cappucino to reward myself for a job well done! :-)

While I have not made any new friends through PayPerPost, I have learned more about writing for a specific purpose and to sharpen my skills in reviewing and commenting about a website or topic. The opportunity to practice writing and evaluating some content helps me to write even better for my other blog posts as well!

If your interest is piqued and you like to write blogs, why do pay PayPerPost a visit? You might find that they can help you monetise your blog and reward you for what you already love to do: write blogs!

No comments: